Attention Enrolled Nurses - upskill yourself today.
This is your chance to work to your full potential. Become IV medication competent by enrolling in this short course. You will learn the skills and knowledge required to administer and monitor medications and IV therapy.
You will learn:
- How to calculate dosage
- Interpreting written instructions from an authorised prescriber
- Asses for medication effectiveness and side effects
- Respond to allergic pharmacological reactions
This course includes work placement or live works in a Group 1 or Group 2 industry as outlined in COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy. For the latest information on vaccine requirements for students visit our COVID-19 update page.
Please contact us regardless of your current qualification as there are multiple ways for you to meet the entrance requirements. Talk to our experienced lecturers on the contact details below about how to get started.
- Students must be registered as an Enrolled Nurse with the nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) with no conditions and currently employed at in a health care facility.
- You will need to access workshop materials and complete an online learning activity prior to class commencing. Our lecturing staff will discuss this with you when you enrol
- Students will need to complete workplace assessments as part of this course.
- This course includes work placement or live works in a Group 1 or Group 2 industry as outlined in COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy. For the latest information on vaccine requirements for students visit our COVID-19 updates page.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Semester 2, 2022
Geraldton - Administer & Monitor Meds and IV Therapy Skills Set - 21 Nov to 9 Dec
|When||Semester 2, 2022|
Please note: Where displayed, fees are only an estimate. 2023 course availabilities will be subject to 2023 fees at time of enrolment. Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees may differ between campus locations due to the difference between elective units in the course study plan or a need to adapt courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for individuals depending on units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Fees are payable at the time of enrolment.
- Total fees quoted include tuition fees and resource fees. You may also be required to purchase text books, uniforms or other personal equipment that are not included in this fee estimate.
- For Lower Fees, local skills (half-price) courses please refer to additional eligibility information above.
- Concession rates: If eligible, proof of concession must be presented.
- Concessions and the secondary school age fee cap do not apply to commercial courses (short courses), or Foundation Programs (i.e ESL and General Education).
- Secondary school aged persons (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old in 2022) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course (tuition) fee chargeable is $420. Additional resource fees and discretionary fees may apply.
- VET Student Loans for eligible courses and fee caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
More information: Visit our fees and payment options page or call us on 1800 672 700