Considering a career in plumbing and gas but not sure what it’ll involve? Plumbing is a hands-on job that will expose you to changing work environments and new projects - no two days will be the same! If you enjoy practical work, are able to work independently and have good interpersonal skills, a career in plumbing and gas could be a good fit for you.
Skilled plumbers and gasfitters are in high demand in the Western Australian construction industry and further abroad. A career in plumbing and gas could be a lucrative path for you as there is plenty of room for career growth and advancement to more senior, high paying roles. There’s even the possibility of owning your own business one day.
Once you’re qualified, you’ll be looking at a wide range of job opportunities such as:
- a plumber,
- fire-protection worker or
- irrigation installer.
Plumbing and Gas Courses
Fix everything including the kitchen sink.Your career in plumbing starts here. When you complete the Certificate III in Plumbing you'll be looking at an in demand (and possibly lucrative) career as a plumber, or gasfitter.
Does your career pipe dream involve real pipes?
In this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to work effectively in the construction industry, how to safely install, alter, and repair pipe work services and appliances to suit domestic, commercial and industrial needs, cold and hot water supply, gas supply, sewage, waste and rainwater disposal, how to install and repair roofing, gutters and drain pipes, and how to make buildings waterproof, and workplace health and safety.
- Enjoy practical work
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work independently
- Able to work at heights and in various weather conditions
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job, and
- Good interpersonal skills and good mobility.
Some of the knowledge and skills you will gain are:
- Preparing and/or studying plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials needed.
- Finding and marking positions for connections, measuring pipes and marking cutting or bending lines, then cutting holes through walls and floors to accommodate pipes.
- Cutting, threading and bending pipes, assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings, and joining pipe sections and securing pipes.
- Testing lines as required by local plumbing regulations.
- Installing equipment such as boilers, chillers, pumps, heating and cooling systems, gas appliances, water tanks, water heaters and solar water heating systems, and fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and industrial processing units.
- Welding and braising pipework (steel, copper, plastic and stainless steel).
- System testing and commissioning.
- Maintaining and repairing plumbing systems.
Half price fees apply!
Have the edge when applying for a plumbing apprenticeshipCompleting this pre-apprenticeship course ensures you'll be just what employers are looking for in an apprentice plumber, roof plumber or gasfitter.
Have the edge when applying for a plumbing apprenticeship.
Completing this pre-apprenticeship course ensures you'll be just what employers are looking for in an apprentice plumber, roof plumber or gasfitter.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to work effectively in the construction industry, use hand and power tools, oxy-acetylene and arc weld, read plans, calculate quantities, cut and join sheet metal, work safely at heights, and workplace health and safety.
Compliance has never been simpler.Upon completion of this skill set, individuals will receive their White Card, along with skills and knowledge to keep themselves and others safe on-site.
Enter and work on a construction site.
During this 1 day course you will gain the basic knowledge to safely enter and work on a construction site and includes hazard identification and prevention of workplace accidents and injures. Under Work Health and Safety Legislation you must have a White Card to enter a construction site.
Topics covered include:
- Health and safety requirements
- Construction hazards and control measures
- Health and safety communication and reporting process
- Incident and emergency response procedures