Caring for animals can be your day at the office.
Take an animal studies course and kickstart a career caring for and working with animals in animal shelters, kennels or pet shops. Animal Studies courses will equip you with essential skills and knowledge in areas such as animal nutrition, animal ethics, handling and transportation of animals.
This is a general qualification for entry into sectors of the animal care and management industry, where you can provide care for animals in workplaces such as animal shelters, kennels, catteries, sanctuaries and veterinary clinics.
Some things you'll learn:
- How to work in the animal care industry
- To complete animal care hygiene routines
- To provide basic first aid for animals
- Reception services for an animal care facility
- To assist with surgery preparation
This course is right for you if...
- You have good communication, listening and critical thinking skills
- You handle noises and sounds that are distracting or uncomfortable
- You are able to make good decisions and solve problems
- You enjoy learning about biology
- You enjoy planning and prioritising work
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Animal Shelter Attendant
- Assistant Dog Groomer
- Animal Care Receptionist and Support Officer
- Animal Control and Regulation Assistant
- Animal Health Officer in Indigenous Communities
- Assistant Animal Welfare Officer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.