Gear up for a career working with big engines.
When you complete the Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology (Heavy Vehicle Servicing Pre-Apprenticeship) you'll have what employers are looking for in an apprentice light vehicle, heavy vehicle and plant and agricultural mechanic.
You will have the skills and knowledge to work effectively in the heavy automotive industry, working on loaders, bulldozers, dump trucks and haul trucks, inspecting and servicing transmissions, steering, brakes, fuel injection systems, hydraulics, and batteries, troubleshooting basic faults, and workplace safety and health.
Some things you'll learn:
- How to identify basic automotive faults using troubleshooting processes
- How to inspect and service braking, cooling, steering, and suspension systems
- How to inspect and service engines
- How to use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
This course is right for you if:
- You're looking for a foot-in-the-door for a heavy automotive apprenticeship
- You enjoy working with mechanical equipment
- You're interested in a career working with heavy automotives
- You like practical, hands on work
- You're analytical and have strong critical thinking skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.