Steer yourself towards a future in the Automotive industry.
This hands on entry level course will equip you to service your own car or gain the skills to become an apprentice in all the automotive trade areas, such as light vehicle mechanic, heavy and plant mechanic, panel beating, spray painting and automotive electrician.
Learn skills to carry out servicing operations, inspecting and servicing engines, steering and suspension systems, carry out repairs to single electrical circuits as well as maintaining workplace tools and equipment. You will also learn how to apply safe work practices and apply basic automotive troubleshooting processes.
Some things you'll learn:
- How to identify basic automotive faults using troubleshooting processes
- How to inspect and service braking, cooling, steering, and suspension systems
- How to inspect and service engines
- How to use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
This course is right for you if:
- You're looking for a foot-in-the-door for an automotive apprenticeship
- You enjoy working with mechanical equipment
- You're interested in a career working with light automotives
- You like practical, hands on work
- You're analytical and have strong critical thinking skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
VET for Schools
If you're keen on working with cars and trucks, this program is for you. After successful completion of this course you may look towards an Apprenticeship in a range of areas including, Motor Mechanic (Light), Heavy Duty Road Transport, Mobile Plant, Auto Electrician or Panel Beater. As part of this course you will also have the opportunity to test your skills in the workplace through a Supervised Work Placement. Check out our VETDSS page for more information.
Job opportunities include:
- Apprentice light vehicle mechanic
- Apprentice heavy vehicle mechanic
- Apprentice plant mechanic
- Apprentice agricultural mechanic
- Apprentice spray painter
- Apprentice panel beater
- Apprentice automotive electrician
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.