Printing the course overview will compile details for all study options into a single file without units.
Kick-start your career in the Building and Construction Industry
The Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pathway – Trades) is an entry level course designed for learners, including school–based students, who are considering a career or a pathway into the construction industry. The course is a combination of practical workshops and theoretical learning, as well as a work placement component.
In this course, students will gain skills from industry specific training and form an understanding in the following:
- Preparing to work safely in the construction industry
- Working effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Planning and organising work
- Conducting workplace communication
- Carrying out measurements and calculations
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Applying Work Health and Safety requirements, policies and procedures in the workplace
- Practicing asbestos awareness in the construction industry.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Students must present C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent, or, Year 10-12 OLNA, or, NAPLAN Year 9 and 8.
RTO Entrance Requirements
Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pathways-Trades).
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here(opens in a new tab) .
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment. If you don't see your preferred study option, please complete our Course Enquiry form.
Semester 1, 2024
Kalgoorlie - Classroom VETDSS
This course availability is specifically for VET Delivered to Secondary Students (VETDSS). To find out more about VETDSS programs visit the VET Delivered to Secondary Students page here.
|When||Semester 1, 2024|