Hit the ground running with a career working with plants and animals.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to work effectively in the land conservation industry, operating machinery, recognising flora and fauna, planting shrubs and trees, organising propagation, restoring and maintaining wildlife habitat refuges, treating weeds, safely handling chemicals, collecting seeds, and implementing workplace safety and health measures.
Enhance your employment options by doing a dual qualification
At some of our campuses this qualification may be offered as a dual qualification with the:
If you enjoy working in nature, cultivating gardens and love seeing your hard work flourish, this course is for you. In this entry level qualification you'll gain the practical skills and knowledge to work effectively in the horticultural industry. You will learn about, landscaping, irrigation, pruning, planting, treating weeds and pests and operating machinery.
Half price fees apply!
Some things you'll learn:
- How to participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- How to recognise plants and fauna
- How to manage pests
- How to undertake propagation activities
- How to manage lands, parks, gardens and wildlife
This course is right for you if...
- You enjoy learning about geography, biology, and chemistry
- You enjoy doing physically active work
- You have good listening and critical thinking skills
- You're able to communicate and explain things clearly to people
- You're good at making decisions and solving problems
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Conservation Earthworks Trainee
- Pest Management Assistant (Feral Animals)
- Landcare Assistant
- Lands, Parks and Wildlife Officer
- Indigenous Land Management Assistant
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management
- Diploma of Conservation and Land Management
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.