Hit the ground running with a career working with plants and animals.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to work effectively in the land conservation industry, operating machinery, recognising flora and fauna, planting shrubs and trees, organising propagation, restoring and maintaining wildlife habitat refuges, treating weeds, safely handling chemicals, collecting seeds, and implementing workplace safety and health measures.
Enhance your employment options by doing a dual qualification
At some of our campuses this qualification may be offered as a dual qualification with the:
If you enjoy working in nature, cultivating gardens and love seeing your hard work flourish, this course is for you. In this entry level qualification you'll gain the practical skills and knowledge to work effectively in the horticultural industry. You will learn about, landscaping, irrigation, pruning, planting, treating weeds and pests and operating machinery.
Half price fees apply!
Some things you'll learn:
- How to participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- How to recognise plants and fauna
- How to manage pests
- How to undertake propagation activities
- How to manage lands, parks, gardens and wildlife
This course is right for you if...
- You enjoy learning about geography, biology, and chemistry
- You enjoy doing physically active work
- You have good listening and critical thinking skills
- You're able to communicate and explain things clearly to people
- You're good at making decisions and solving problems
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Conservation Earthworks Trainee
- Pest Management Assistant (Feral Animals)
- Landcare Assistant
- Lands, Parks and Wildlife Officer
- Indigenous Land Management Assistant
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management
- Diploma of Conservation and Land Management
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Semester 2, 2021
Batavia Coast Maritime Institute - Classroom | Dual qualification with AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
|When||Semester 2, 2021|
|Where||Batavia Coast Maritime Institute|
|How||Classroom Combined AHC20416|
Please note: Where displayed, fees are only an estimate. Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees may differ between campus locations due to the difference between elective units in the course study plan or a need to adapt courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for individuals depending on units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Fees are payable at the time of enrolment.
- Total fees quoted include tuition fees and resource fees. You may also be required to purchase text books, uniforms or other personal equipment that are not included in this fee estimate.
- For Lower Fees, local skills (half-price) courses please refer to additional eligibility information above.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- Concession rates: If eligible, proof of concession must be presented.
- Concessions and the secondary school age fee cap do not apply to commercial courses (short courses), or Foundation Programs (i.e ESL and General Education).
- Secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old in 2021) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course (tuition) fee chargeable is $420. Additional resource fees and discretionary fees may apply.
- VET Student Loans for eligible courses and fee caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
More information: Visit our fees and payment options page or call us on 1800 672 700