Gain exposure to an engineering working environment.
This qualification is suited to students looking to gain entry level employment in the engineering industry. You will gain practical skills and knwoledge to complete basic welding and fabrication tasks. You will learn how to use tools, safety in the workplace, measuring and calculating and welding.
Topic covered include:
- Occupational health and safety in the work place
- Undertake basic engineering projects
- Workshop machines and hand and power tools
- Welding and fabrication equipment
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Heavy Yg)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Heavy/Welding YH)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Fitter and Machinist ZB)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Mechanical Fitter ZA)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Plant Mechanic ZG/Z)
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2022
Northam - Self Paced Onsite
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2022|
|How||Self Paced Onsite|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here(opens in a new tab) .
Calculate your estimated fee in the above UNITS AND FEES tab.