Turn your passion for fishing into a career.
This qualification will give you the basic skills you need to start work in the fishing sector of the seafood industry. This course will teach you a broad range of routine processes and procedures which may include maintaining fishing gear, operating small vessels, using deck equipment, processing and basic marine science skills.
You will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Assisting with operation of fishing gear and equipment
- Basic processing and temperature control of harvest
- General cleaning and maintenance of equipment and vessel, and
- Handling, harvesting and sorting by-catch.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Third Party Provider
Central Regional TAFE engages the services of a Third Party in the provision of this course. Further details can be provided prior to enrolment.
Job opportunities include:
- Pond Worker
- Hatchery or Nursery Assistant
- Farm Manager
- Production Manager
- New Technology/Automation Specialist
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.