If you dream of a career working with animals, this entry-level course is for you.
With a Certificate III in Animal Studies from Central Regional TAFE you will gain the skills you need to work as an animal attendant or trainer. It is also the perfect foundation course for people looking to move into specialised streams within the animal care industry.
This course will give you broad skills in basic care and the capture, handling and transportation of companion animals, as well as specialised skills in either behavioural sciences, veterinary nursing, or wildlife care.
Some things you'll learn:
- Basic care, capture, handling and transportation of companion animals
- Specialised skills in behavioural sciences or wildlife care
- How to plan for and provide nutritional requirements for animals
- How to provide reception services for an animal care facility
- How to maintain and monitor animal health and wellbeing
This course is right for you if:
- You have a passion for animals
- You have good communication and active listening skills
- You enjoy helping and caring for animals and their owners
- You enjoy monitoring people, processes and things
- You have analytical and administrative skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Animal Shelter Attendant
- Assistant Dog Groomer
- Animal Care Receptionist and Support Officer
- Animal Control and Regulation Assistant
- Animal Health Officer in Indigenous Communities
- Assistant Animal Welfare Office
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2022
Northam - Self Paced External
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2022|
|How||Self Paced External|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
Fees: Calculate your estimated fee in the above units and fees tab.