Experience the lay of the land for yourself.
Gain practical skills in occupational health and safety, fire management, biodiversity surveying, mapping and an understanding of remote operations in this practical qualification.
When you complete the Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management you will be ready for a career as a conservation worker, parks and wildlife ranger, or bush restoration worker.
Some things you'll learn:
- How to maintain natural areas and wetlands
- How to provide cultural knowledge
- How to create a revegetation program
- How to plant shrubs and tree
- How to treat weeds and collect seeds
This course is right for you if...
- Love to work outdoors
- Recognise the value in restoration of natural bushland and coastal areas
- You enjoy learning about geography, biology, and chemistry
- You enjoy doing physically active work
- You're able to communicate and explain things clearly to people
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Conservation trainee/worker
- Pest Management Assistant (Feral Animals)
- Landcare Assistant
- Lands, Parks and Wildlife Officer
- Indigenous Land Management Assistant
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2021
Batavia Coast Maritime Institute - Self Paced External
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|
|Where||Batavia Coast Maritime Institute|
|How||Self Paced External|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
Fees: Calculate your estimated fee in the above units and fees tab.