Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Support students with additional needs, and assist teachers with creating comfortable and encouraging class environments.
This qualification is nationally recognised, providing you with future job opportunities to gain employment in the education sector. It is aimed at workers who provide assistance and support to teachers and students in a range of educational settings. These may include public, Catholic and independent schools and community education centres.
You will learn how to effectively communicate with students and colleagues, provide support to students in developing their literacy and numeracy skills and learn how to work collaboratively as part of an educational team. As part of this qualification you will undertake supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned.
You will gain the following skills:
- Improving literacy and numeracy in classrooms
- Understanding and applying legal and ethical requirements
- Integrating Information Communication Technology (ICT) across the curriculum
- Implementing planned education programs for students with additional needs
- Working effectively with culturally diverse students and staff, and
- Contributing to the safety and health of students.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
A Work Placement must be undertaken as part of this course.
Education Environment requires a National Police History Check (over 18) - from the Department of Education and Training W.A, visit their website for more information, here(opens in a new tab) .
Please note that the National Police History Check clearance must be current (six months old or less at the time of Work Placement).
Education Support at Northam
Our Northam Campus offers a unique and flexible approach to the delivery of this course. Northam offers the Certificate III and Certificate IV Education Support qualifications as a DUAL QUALIFICATION. Take advantage of the flexibility now.
Our Northam Campus offers flexible online delivery with no compulsory attendance on campus;
- continuous enrolment - enrol any time;
- self-paced learning working in your won time and catering to your individual needs;
- flexible assessment, which takes your prior knowledge and experience into account;
- lecturer support is available and we pride ourselves on providing quick solutions; timely feedback on all assignment work.
Job opportunities include:
- Education Assistant
- Education Assistant (culturally diverse school)
- Indigenous Language and Culture Teaching Assistant
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Officer
- Education Officer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.