Enhance your skills and further your career.
A Certificate III in Local Government is designed to further develop practical skills and knowledge to undertake a broad range of administrative, clerical and technical tasks in local government. You will gain the skills and knowledge required to assist with enquiries and other services, produce communication materials and handle complaints. Students will learn how to coordinate a range of tasks and processes, to prepare materials in accordance with Council protocols as well as important communication, time management and problem solving skills necessary to fulfil the role.
You will gain the following skills:
- Apply conflict resolution strategies
- Implement effective communication techniques
- Provide service to local government customers
- Participate in policy development
- Monitor areas under Council jurisdiction
- Implement parking controls
- Enforce legislation to achieve compliance
- Work effectively in Local Government and work with others in Local Government
- Access learning and career development opportunities, and
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
A Work Placement must be undertaken as part of this course.
Job opportunities include:
- Administration Officer (within local government)
- Local Government Rates Officer
- Project Administrator (within local government)
- Business Administration Officer (within local government)
- Community Relations Team Leader (within local government)
- Electoral Officer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.