Gain the skills to work in a variety of different automotive environments.
From dump trucks, bulldozers, drilling rigs, to heavy plant machinery, heavy automotives need servicing just like any other automotive. Like with light vehicles, there are many parts that ensure the smooth operation of heavy vehicles. And with heavy machinery, it’s important to ensure that all parts are fully functional, from the cooling systems, the mechanical equipment, the engine, the steering and suspension systems, and even the electrical circuits.
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of mobile plant vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry. It is suitable for entry into the mining, construction and agricultural environment.
Half price fees apply!
Some things you'll learn:
- How to remove and install heavy vehicle engine assemblies
- How to select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
- How to diagnose and repair mobile plant hydraulic, braking and steering systems
This course is right for you if:
- You have an employer offering you an apprenticeship
- You want to work with with mobile plant machinery
- You like hands on, practical work
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
An apprenticeship is a full time employment based training program usually lasting 3-4 years. It combines on the job learning and scheduled training with a registered training provider such as Central Regional TAFE. This course is offered via an Apprenticeship pathway. Find out more here.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at Central Regional TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.