Does your career pipe dream involve real pipes?
In this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to work effectively in the construction industry, how to safely install, alter, and repair pipe work services and appliances to suit domestic, commercial and industrial needs, cold and hot water supply, gas supply, sewage, waste and rainwater disposal, how to install and repair roofing, gutters and drain pipes, and how to make buildings waterproof, and workplace health and safety.
- Enjoy practical work
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work independently
- Able to work at heights and in various weather conditions
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job, and
- Good interpersonal skills and good mobility.
Some of the knowledge and skills you will gain are:
- Preparing and/or studying plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials needed.
- Finding and marking positions for connections, measuring pipes and marking cutting or bending lines, then cutting holes through walls and floors to accommodate pipes.
- Cutting, threading and bending pipes, assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings, and joining pipe sections and securing pipes.
- Testing lines as required by local plumbing regulations.
- Installing equipment such as boilers, chillers, pumps, heating and cooling systems, gas appliances, water tanks, water heaters and solar water heating systems, and fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and industrial processing units.
- Welding and braising pipework (steel, copper, plastic and stainless steel).
- System testing and commissioning.
- Maintaining and repairing plumbing systems.
Half price fees apply!
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
The Certificate III in Plumbing is an apprenticeship: you must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study.
Completion of this qualification enables an individual to apply for a Plumbing License.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2021
Geraldton - Apprenticeship
An Apprenticeship course is a full-time employment-based training program usually lasting three (3) to four (4) years. It combines an on-the-job learning with scheduled training blocks at TAFE. You must have a Training Contract to enrol in an Apprenticeship Course.
Use our sidebar links on the right to find out more.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FEE PAYMENT OPTIONS
Find out about our flexible fee payment options here.