Look no further for a leading digital media career.
When you complete the Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies you will be an attractive applicant for in-demand IT roles such as digital media designer, digital media producer, digital content producer, interactive media designer, online digital producer and digital/social media coordinator.
You will gain the career enhancing knowledge and skills to create digital visual effects, work with digital images, create interactive media, engage in digital content production, design for interactive websites and develop projects using 2D and 3D animation technologies, and develop eLearning design skills.
You will acquire valuable experience in supporting projects, fulfilling client expectations, working in a digital media environment and with workplace health and safety.
This is a WA priority skills course so lower tuition fees apply and employment prospects are higher.
Skills gained from the Multimedia Stream:
- Presenting and discussing ideas in an articulate manner
- Understanding WHS communication and consultation processes
- Authoring interactive media
- Understanding copyright, ethics and privacy and how it applies in an IT environment
- Evaluating and making the best use of online learning tools
- Working effectively in the industry and supporting small scale projects
- Programming concepts and processes
- Creating and animating 3D models
- Creating digital visual effects to enhance your video productions using Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Using storyboards for your productions to enhance your workflow
- Basic sound editing techniques
- Producing and editing digital images in Photoshop, and
- Techniques for illustrative work and graphic design.
Skills gained from the Programming Stream:
- Designing, coding and creating mobile applications using HTML5
- Troubleshooting and maintaining websites, and
- Programming skills and knowledge that can be translated in many programming languages.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Job opportunities include:
- Multimedia Designer
- Multimedia Developers
- Interaction Media Developer
- Assistant Web Designer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.