Repair environmental impacts at their source.
Businesses are more and more becoming interested in conservation and are prioritising efforts to reduce their impact on the environment there has never been a better time to join this growing industry.
This qualification will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to collect and analyse environmental samples and process environmental data for the purpose of minimising the impact of human activity on the environment. Students undertake a range of field-based activities including vegetation surveys, geological formation recognition, water and soil sampling and testing and the use of GPS in environmental monitoring applications.
Some things you'll learn:
- How to collect routine site samples
- How to undertake environmental field-based monitoring
- How to work and communicate effectively as an environmental technician
- How to implement environmental management plans and procedures
- How to process and present environmental data
This course is right for you if:
- You have a passion for the environment
- You enjoy chemistry, mathematics and geography
- You enjoy collecting and organising information
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Job opportunities include:
- Environmental Technical Officer
- Environmental Technician
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.