Enhance your skills and further your career in local government.
The Certificate IV in Local Government Administration reflects the role of employees in Local Government who perform a broad range of skilled applications including the requirement to evaluate and analyse current practices, develop new criteria and procedures for performing current practices and provide some leadership and guidance to others in the application and planning of the skills.
The skills you will gain in this course include:
- Conduct public educational presentations
- Establish co-operative arrangements with other organisations
- Manage finances within a budget
- Follow defined OHS policies and procedures
- Work effectively in Local Government
- Work with others in Local Government
- Represent Council's role and value in the community
- Administer contracts
- Prepare tender documentation
- Prepare Council for legal proceedings
- Establish purchasing networks to ensure Council is resource effective, and
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
A Work Placement must be undertaken as part of this course.
Job opportunities include:
- Administration Officer (within local government)
- Local Government Rates Officer
- Project Administrator (within local government)
- Business Administration Officer (within local government)
- Community Relations Team Leader (within local government)
- Electoral Officer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2021
Northam - Self Paced External
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|
|How||Self Paced External|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
Fees: Calculate your estimated fee in the above units and fees tab.