Refine your multimedia skills according to your passions. Your key to a career in multimedia is here, whatever your focus.
The Diploma of Digital Media Technologies - Multimedia Stream offers the skills and knowledge to master the art of video editing and cutting effects, create and refine 3D models, animate them and placing them into a video production, create simple web pages and more. Focus on your love for multimedia and further develop your skills to stand out in a growing and dynamic industry.
The Diploma of Digital Media Technologies - Programming Stream provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in designing, developing and refining digital media technologies as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team. It provides the opportunity to work in new and emerging digital media technology areas, such as online, and interactive design and development, and with tools and equipment, such as software, Web 2 tools, technologies and mobile devices.
- Understanding copyright, ethics and privacy and how it applies in an IT environment
- Working effectively in the industry and managing interactive media production and projects
- Ensuring that your workplace is a safe workplace
- Verifying a client's business requirements
- Originating and developing your concepts
- Designing information architecture
- Designing and creating models for a 3-D and digital effects environment
- Creating and implementing designs for a 3-D games environment
- Performing vision and sound editing
- Advanced sound editing techniques
- Incorporating and editing digital video for your productions
- Editing screen content for fast turnaround
- Designing and producing animation and digital visual effects
- Designing web environments using HTML5 and CSS3
- How to build a dynamic website
- Applying intermediate programming skills in another language
- Applying intermediate object-oriented language skills, and
- Beginning developing mobile applications.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
The following skills are advantageous when considering this qualification:
A good grasp of the English language is preferred.
Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
ICT40815 Certificate IV Digital Media technologies or advanced computing skills including scripting and multimedia skills.
VET Student Loans
This qualification is eligible for the Commonwealth Government's VET Student Loan scheme. Eligible students can opt to defer the payment of all or part of their tuition fees by applying for a VET Student Loan. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. Approved loans become a personal debt with the Commonwealth (HELP debt) until it is repaid.
For more information on VET Student Loans at Central Regional TAFE click here.
For other VET Student Loan eligible courses click here(opens in a new tab) .
Job opportunities include:
- Multimedia Designer
- Multimedia Developers
- Interaction Media Developer
- Assistant Web Designer
- Digital Media Producer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.