Take your laboratory knowledge and experience to the next level.
This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge you need to use laboratory application software, plan and conduct laboratory/field work and communicate and provide information to customers. You will also be able to specialise in a diverse range of industries including chemical, medical and pathological, mining, biological, and environmental fields.
- work according to established procedures in a structured environment
- collect and prepare samples and communicate sample requirements to other personnel
- conduct a wide range of routine and specialised tests where atypical samples may be involved and the instrumentation used has a wide range of operating variables
- contribute to the modification of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and enterprise methods when necessary
- define and solve problems where alternatives are not obvious and where investigations and trials may be required and the implications of various solutions considered
- work under the direction and supervision of senior technical staff, laboratory or quality managers, or scientific/medical professionals, and
- generally work as part of a team and may have a role in the planning of schedules and monitoring of resources in their work area.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Minimum English requirement of a band 8 year 9 Naplan/OLNA level.
Participants wishing to gain entry into this course are required to hold a Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques or hold a relevant Certificate IV or higher level qualification in a relevant science discipline.
VET Student Loans
This qualification is eligible for the Commonwealth Government's VET Student Loan scheme. Eligible students can opt to defer the payment of all or part of their tuition fees by applying for a VET Student Loan. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. Approved loans become a personal debt with the Commonwealth (HELP debt) until it is repaid.
For more information on VET Student Loans at Central Regional TAFE click here.
For other VET Student Loan eligible courses, click here(opens in a new tab) .
Job opportunities include:
- Air Quality Sampler
- Quarry Aggregates Sampler
- Dairy Food Laboratory Assistant
- Food Laboratory Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant
- Pathology Laboratory
- Food Laboratory Technical Officer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Semester 1, 2022
Geraldton - Classroom
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here(opens in a new tab) .
Calculate your estimated fee in the above UNITS AND FEES tab.