Work in the vibrant hospitality industry.
This short course will prepare you to work as a barista, front of house food and beverage attendant, or back of house kitchen attendant.
You will gain the skills to:
- Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Use commercial coffee machines to make a perfect espresso
- Provide quality customer service
- Process payments
- Serve food and beverages
- Follow hygiene practices for food safety
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Whether you're already working in the hospitality industry or just starting your career this course will give you an advantage. Once completed you can go on to complete further studies in various Lower Fees Local Skills half-price qualifications.
Want to study online?
This course has an online study option with the practical aspects of the course to be completed in a workplace or at our Geraldton campus (see the study options below).
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Semester 1, 2022
Geraldton - Hospitality Service Skill Set - Term 1 - Combined SIT30616
Available all year round, 2021
Geraldton - Hospitality Service Skill Set - Online & Workplace
Apply for this study option if you:
- Are currently working in the hospitality industry
- Want to study online
- Can complete practical assessments demonstrating your skills at your workplace
Don't meet the above? Apply for our online & on-campus study option.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|