Learn the basic concepts needed to identify and protect yourself against common cyber threats and scams. With this course, you will gain an understanding of Cyber Security principles and policies, commonly used authentication and authorisation techniques and general network security fundamentals.
- Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats
- Identify and report online security threats
- Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information.
There are no specified entry requirements for this course.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate of Attainment.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.(opens in a new tab)
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2022
Geraldton - Introduction to Cyber Security - Self Paced Onsite
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2022|
Please note: Where displayed, fees are only an estimate. 2023 course availabilities will be subject to 2023 fees at time of enrolment. Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees may differ between campus locations due to the difference between elective units in the course study plan or a need to adapt courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for individuals depending on units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Fees are payable at the time of enrolment.
- Total fees quoted include tuition fees and resource fees. You may also be required to purchase text books, uniforms or other personal equipment that are not included in this fee estimate.
- For Lower Fees, local skills (half-price) courses please refer to additional eligibility information above.
- Concession rates: If eligible, proof of concession must be presented.
- Concessions and the secondary school age fee cap do not apply to commercial courses (short courses), or Foundation Programs (i.e ESL and General Education).
- Secondary school aged persons (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old in 2022) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course (tuition) fee chargeable is $420. Additional resource fees and discretionary fees may apply.
- VET Student Loans for eligible courses and fee caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
More information: Visit our fees and payment options page or call us on 1800 672 700