Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of others?
This introductory skill set will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to get started in a rewarding career within the community services sector. You will gain the basic skills to provide support to people in a range of health care setting
- Determine and respond to person support needs
- Follow infection prevention and control procedures
- Complete manual tasks safely
- Communicate and work in the health or community services sector
You must participate in a pre-enrolment induction with the lecturer prior to enrolment. Additionally, for aged care and disability work you will need both physical and medical fitness. Aged care and disability work can be emotionally and physically challenging and will be very hands-on. You will require the level of medical and physical fitness needed to be on your feet for long periods of time, help transfer and position elderly clients and where relevant undertake other physical activities such as cleaning, moving equipment, transporting clients in wheelchairs and helping clients in and out of vehicles.
You will need to meet the following requirements:
- Current National Police Certificate
- Flu vaccine
- Potentially a Working with Children Check
- COVID-19 vaccination (minimum first dose from 17 Sept 2021) is mandatory under the Commonwealth Department of Health and Western Australian Department of Health requirements for residential aged care workers, including students undertaking work placement.
A work placement and assessment must be undertaken as part of this course.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.