Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Central Regional TAFE is a WorkSafe approved provider of this course required by all newly elected Safety and Heath Representatives.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to carry out the functions of an elected Safety and Health Representative (SHR). SHR play an important role in fostering cooperation and consultation between employers and employee's in the workplace. This course is designed to enable the SHR to effectively represent their fellow employee's on all matters relating to safety and health in the workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Apply WHS legislation in the role of a Safety and Health Representative
- Conduct workplace inspections
- Communicate effectively on safety and health matters
- Understand the role of WorkSafe in the workplace
- Effectively represent employees on safety and health issues
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and apply a risk management process
- Assist with resolving safety and health matters in the workplace
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace accidents, incidents and injuries
Upon successful completion students will be issued with a Certificate of Participation.
For more information about this course and to enrol, contact Pam Francis, Commercial Training Coordinator - Geraldton, Exmouth & Carnarvon Campus or Tracy Hicks, Commercial Training Coordinator - Kalgoorlie Campus:
Further study opportunities
Central Regional TAFE has many further study opportunities available. Check out our Course Guide for all your future study options.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.