Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Specialise in agricultural vehicles and equipment with this hands-on technical course.
This apprenticeship program will enable you to gain the skills and knowledge needed to work on agricultural machinery and equipment and covers mechanical, electrical and hydraulic operations and braking systems.
Half price fees apply!
Some things you'll learn:
- How to diagnose and repair heavy vehicles and mobile plant systems
- How to respond to customer needs and enquiries
- How to follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- How to carry out servicing operations
- How to select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
This course is right for you if...
- You work with agricultural vehicles and machinery
- You have a good work ethic
- You enjoy working with machines and tools
- You like to use engineering, science and technology
- You have good customer service skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship. An apprenticeship is a full time employment based training program usually lasting 3-4 years. It combines on the job learning and scheduled training with a registered training provider.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training with us.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path.
Credit may be granted towards this qualification for those who have completed AUR20516 Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology, AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation or other relevant qualification.
Job opportunities include:
- Agricultural machinery distribution
- Agricultural field work
- Agricultural farm work
- Agricultural Mechanical Technician
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.