TAFE is a popular option for international students wanting to study in Australia, and for good reason! Central Regional TAFE (CR TAFE) offers a variety of courses to international students through TAFE International WA, which provide industry-focused training and study pathways, no matter where you are at with your skills development.
Why Choose TAFE?
- TAFE provides a great pathway to university and further study for International students.
- Studying at TAFE provides you with valuable practical skills development, which increases employability and career prospects.
- TAFE colleges are government-owned and operated and boast modern facilities that have been constructed to replicate real work environments, ensuring that you gain practical workplace skills as you learn.
- The courses at TAFE generally take 6 to 12 months, which means you can benefit from a fast pathway into employment or further studies.
- With a variety of courses available to international students, and high-quality training and support, you will get value for your money as you embark on a journey towards your next career goal.
Courses for International Students
We offer a range of courses in the following industries at our Geraldton, Northam and Kalgoorlie campuses.
- Commercial Cookery and Patisserie
- Community Services and Youth Work
- Digital Media and Information Technology
- Early Childhood Education and Care
- Environmental Monitoring and Technology
- Fishing Operations
- Individual Support
Ranging from Certificate III to Diploma qualifications, you are sure to find a course that will help you towards your learning outcomes and career goals.
Visit the regional course catalogue(opens in a new tab) for more information on courses available to International students at CR TAFE.
Bursary for International Students
TAFE International Western Australia are currently offering bursaries of AUD $5,000 to study, work and live in Regional WA. Under the bursary, you will also receive assistance in finding accommodation and part-time employment while you study.
Applications are now open for students starting in February or July 2023 and 2024. This bursary has limited places and is available for a limited time.
For more information including the eligibility criteria, please visit the TAFE International Western Australia(opens in a new tab) website.
How To Apply
International students who are interested in studying in Western Australia must submit their online application International Western Australia (TIWA). However, depending on your home country, you may be required to apply through an Education Agent and file for a student visa through your agent. Contact TIWA if you are having trouble with your application, have a query, or wish to ask for a referral to an Education Agent.
We also accept students studying on various non-resident subclass visas. As a visa holder, you should first review your visa conditions to ensure you are able to study on your current visa. Discuss your study options with our Client Engagement Team once you are ready to enrol.