Information Technology, Library and Digital
Do you have a head for problem solving?
Are you looking for a qualification that could take you anywhere in the world? Have you considered a career in Information Technology?
A course in Information and Technology at TAFE can open the door to diverse job opportunities nationally and internationally. Graduates with IT qualifications are in high demand across the globe as virtually every industry relies on IT. If you pursue a career in IT, you will play a crucial role in helping communities and organisations stay connected.
If you enjoy being in a dynamic environment and are good at problem solving, a career in IT might be a good fit for you. The IT field is constantly evolving and expanding as new technologies are always arising. This offers an exciting opportunity for those who thrive off change and development.
Choose Your Pathway
Whether you are looking to start a career in IT or are wanting to take your existing career to the next level by developing new skills, we have the course to get you where you want to go. We offer a range of Information Technology and Digital courses which will give you a nationally recognised qualification. Additionally, we offer a wide range of Skills Sets which provide you with practical training in specific areas to prepare you for employment.
Did you know?
Demand for ICT workers is set to grow by almost 100,000 to 758,700 workers by 2023, by which time almost 3 million Australian workers will be employed in occupations that use ICT regularly as part of their jobs.
Australia's Digital Pulse
Reasons to study in this industry
- Software and Applications Programming jobs are predicted to increase by 23.4% by 2024.
- IT systems can make a great impact on other industries like health and agriculture by making them more efficient.
NCVER 2018 | My Skills, Succeed Publication
General IT courses cover the skills and knowledge required to work with digital and communication devices or applications including computers and computer networks, hardware and software. Information technology training pathways can build general computing skills in a range of IT disciplines, including network administration and management, website design and development, mobile apps development, 3D animations, and software development. The field is constantly evolving and expanding and as such when you study IT you develop not only computing knowledge in a range of disciplines, but the problem-solving skills to deal with new technologies and trends as they arise.
Do you like activities that combine creativity and technicality? You might enjoy a career in multimedia and game development. This relatively new industry offers opportunities to push boundaries and continually develop new skills as technology advances. Take one of the multimedia digital courses at TAFE and learn how to produce an interactive game; write a story and content for digital games; and develop high-level 3D modelling, rendering and interactivity skills.
Our courses and skills sets will prepare you for employment in a range of disciplines, including network administration and management; website design and development; games design; 3D animations; and software development.
At Central Regional TAFE, networking and security courses are delivered by industry professionals with experience in the field. You’ll learn from the experts how to design, install, and manage networks and systems, configure IT components, and optimise system performance. You’ll also learn how to diagnose and solve system faults, plan and maintain network security, and how to work with clients.
Simple designs, big impact.Learn the basics of web design for fun, your business or beyond. This short course will give you the skills to build simple websites and is a perfect introduction into the world of website development and design.
Learn how to create websites and you'll always be in demand.
In this course you will learn how to create a simple website for your business or for personal use. You will also develop the basic skills and knowledge to start a career in web development.
Make your mark making the next big thing.This short course will give you the essential skills needed to build basic mobile applications. Use these skills for yourself or build on them to set yourself apart from the workforce competition.
Get the skills you need to build apps from start to finish.
Mobile applications are a useful tool for any business to reach their clients quickly. In this short course you will learn how to create your own mobile application on Android devices using native programming language.
Use sound, vision and graphics to build a career.Learn skills in photography, video effects, website creation, animation and so much more in this broad and diverse course. Choose your passion and focus on opening up your career in the Multimedia industry.
Look no further for a leading digital media career.
When you complete the Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies you will be an attractive applicant for in-demand IT roles such as digital media designer, digital media producer, digital content producer, interactive media designer, online digital producer and digital/social media coordinator.
You will gain the career enhancing knowledge and skills to create digital visual effects, work with digital images, create interactive media, engage in digital content production, design for interactive websites and develop projects using 2D and 3D animation technologies, and develop eLearning design skills.
You will acquire valuable experience in supporting projects, fulfilling client expectations, working in a digital media environment and with workplace health and safety.
This is a WA priority skills course so lower tuition fees apply and employment prospects are higher.
Skills gained from the Multimedia Stream:
- Presenting and discussing ideas in an articulate manner
- Understanding WHS communication and consultation processes
- Authoring interactive media
- Understanding copyright, ethics and privacy and how it applies in an IT environment
- Evaluating and making the best use of online learning tools
- Working effectively in the industry and supporting small scale projects
- Programming concepts and processes
- Creating and animating 3D models
- Creating digital visual effects to enhance your video productions using Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Using storyboards for your productions to enhance your workflow
- Basic sound editing techniques
- Producing and editing digital images in Photoshop, and
- Techniques for illustrative work and graphic design.
Skills gained from the Programming Stream:
- Designing, coding and creating mobile applications using HTML5
- Troubleshooting and maintaining websites, and
- Programming skills and knowledge that can be translated in many programming languages.
Refine your skills and level-up into a multimedia career.Master digital media skills in the Multimedia Stream, or learn how to create apps and web pages with the Programming Stream - choose the stream that suits you.
Refine your multimedia skills according to your passions. Your key to a career in multimedia is here, whatever your focus.
The Diploma of Digital Media Technologies - Multimedia Stream offers the skills and knowledge to master the art of video editing and cutting effects, create and refine 3D models, animate them and placing them into a video production, create simple web pages and more. Focus on your love for multimedia and further develop your skills to stand out in a growing and dynamic industry.
The Diploma of Digital Media Technologies - Programming Stream provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in designing, developing and refining digital media technologies as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team. It provides the opportunity to work in new and emerging digital media technology areas, such as online, and interactive design and development, and with tools and equipment, such as software, Web 2 tools, technologies and mobile devices.
- Understanding copyright, ethics and privacy and how it applies in an IT environment
- Working effectively in the industry and managing interactive media production and projects
- Ensuring that your workplace is a safe workplace
- Verifying a client's business requirements
- Originating and developing your concepts
- Designing information architecture
- Designing and creating models for a 3-D and digital effects environment
- Creating and implementing designs for a 3-D games environment
- Performing vision and sound editing
- Advanced sound editing techniques
- Incorporating and editing digital video for your productions
- Editing screen content for fast turnaround
- Designing and producing animation and digital visual effects
- Designing web environments using HTML5 and CSS3
- How to build a dynamic website
- Applying intermediate programming skills in another language
- Applying intermediate object-oriented language skills, and
- Beginning developing mobile applications.
Make some serious connections.Level-up your basic networking skills and set yourself up for a career in one of the most in-demand industries out there. Your career in IT starts here.
Get connected to an IT networking career.
When you complete the Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking you will be an attractive applicant for in-demand IT roles such as network operations support, network technician, and network support. You will gain the career enhancing knowledge and hands-on practical skills to install and configure a modern network, including virtual machines, wireless technologies, cloud storage, network security, deployment resources to desktops, and user support. You will acquire valuable experience in writing technical documentation, fulfilling client expectations, and with workplace health and safety.
Half price fees apply!
Take a step into the exciting industry of networking
IT is constantly expanding and evolving and one of the most important components is networking. You will gain the skills and knowledge to plan, install and maintain computer networks including internetworking, security and e-business integration.
Start here to become tech savvy.This qualification delivers the fundamental computing skills that will enable you to prosper in the modern computing world. Digital devices, Microsoft Office, social media and more - this course has it all.
Introduce yourself to skills that are in demand in almost all industries.
Even if you are not seeking a career path in IT, this qualification will prepare you for using a computer for word processing, spread sheets, electronic presentations, using the internet for communication and research, as well as using the various digital devices so prevalent in modern society.
Skills gained include:
- Using a personal computer
- Using the internet, email, social media, research and purchasing online
- Using software applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel and Power-point, and
- Using digital devices such as iPads, tables, digital cameras.
Upgrade your skills for a well-connected career.Improve your computing and IT skills and be in demand across multiple industries. Learn how to solve problems, understand operating systems, master software packages and more.
Develop your computing skills and gain the ability to work confidently across a wide range of industries.
With this course you will begin with basic computer operation, and then establish and develop your skills across a range of common programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You will also learn to effectively use electronic communication skills, as well as get an introduction to digital photography and video.
Skills gained include:
- Communication methods including social media
- Software applications focusing on the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic use of multimedia including video editing
- Operating systems
- Installing additional hardware such as printers, and
- Diagnosing and solving common problems.
For a career in almost any industry.Get a taste for some of the areas you can work in with this practical and rewarding course. Learn to use multiple programs, install systems, provide tech support and much more as you work towards a career working with technology.
If you're interested in working with computers but not quite sure what area to focus on, this is the course for you.
This course will give you a chance to sample a broad range of IT areas, from commonly used hardware and software to creating websites and editing video. Successful completion of this course will see you fully equipped to start your career in IT or get you ready for further study in your chosen field.
Skills gained include:
- Using software applications that can include (but are not limited to) Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- Installing and customising operating systems
- Providing technical advice and support
- Programming (HTML)
- Diagnostic support
- Creating user documentation
- Creating and updating websites.
Do you want to expand on your programming knowledge?In this course you will learn how to create interesting applications to support front end applications and also learn the basics of server-side programming .
Do you want to expand on your programming knowledge?
In this course you will learn how to create interesting applications to support front end applications and also learn the basics of server-side programming .