Have a love for computers and all things technology? The information technology industry is a booming sector with a wide range of roles available to suit your passions. From network administration and management to website design and development, you’ll find yourself in a field that’s dynamic and constantly evolving, opening up opportunities as big as the state for fulfilling career development.
In this industry, you’ll have to not only be skilled in a range of computing skills, but you’ll also need to hone your problem-solving skills in order to deal with new technologies as they become available. If this sounds like an exciting pathway for you, undertaking a general IT course will help you develop the right skills and knowledge to work within this industry.
General IT Courses
Whatever time in your life, computer literacy starts here.If you've always wanted to learn how to use a computer or personal device, or you just want a little more practice with navigating your device and the internet safely, this short course is for you.
Step your way into technology by starting with the basics.
Technology is advancing on a daily basis, and we are becoming more reliant on using the internet and technology for everyday tasks and most importantly for keeping in touch with family and friends. For many of us, technology, computers and smart devices can be tricky and daunting to use. We're here to help! In this hands-on short course you’ll learn basic skills to help you become confident in using digital devices, computers and Microsoft programs.
You’ll become computer literate as you learn how to:
- Use a computer including accessing files and application programs
- Use Microsoft Office programs including Word
- Navigate your way around the Internet
- Apply basic security procedures and how to spot those scam emails
- Use your smart devices such as iPhone or tablets
Learn Excel to make your numbers really add up.Industry standard software plus your curiosity and interest in numbers equals a great match for this introduction to one of the Microsoft Suite's most efficient programs.
Learn how to use the basics of MS Excel.
Microsoft Excel is a useful and great timesaving program when used properly. This short course will give you the skills and knowledge to be able to be able to prepare to use spreadsheets, create simple spreadsheets, produce simple charts, use and apply formulas, finalise and present spreadsheets. This is ideal for those who are new to excel but have some basic computing skills.
You will learn how to:
- Create spreadsheets
- Format data
- Incorporate charts and objects
- Printing a spreadsheet
Simple designs, big impact.Learn the basics of web design for fun, your business or beyond. This short course will give you the skills to build simple websites and is a perfect introduction into the world of website development and design.
Learn how to create websites and you'll always be in demand.
In this course you will learn how to create a simple website for your business or for personal use. You will also develop the basic skills and knowledge to start a career in web development.
Refine your skills and level-up into a multimedia career.Master digital media skills in the Multimedia Stream, or learn how to create apps and web pages with the Programming Stream - choose the stream that suits you.
Refine your multimedia skills according to your passions. Your key to a career in multimedia is here, whatever your focus.
The Diploma of Digital Media Technologies - Multimedia Stream offers the skills and knowledge to master the art of video editing and cutting effects, create and refine 3D models, animate them and placing them into a video production, create simple web pages and more. Focus on your love for multimedia and further develop your skills to stand out in a growing and dynamic industry.
The Diploma of Digital Media Technologies - Programming Stream provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in designing, developing and refining digital media technologies as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team. It provides the opportunity to work in new and emerging digital media technology areas, such as online, and interactive design and development, and with tools and equipment, such as software, Web 2 tools, technologies and mobile devices.
- Understanding copyright, ethics and privacy and how it applies in an IT environment
- Working effectively in the industry and managing interactive media production and projects
- Ensuring that your workplace is a safe workplace
- Verifying a client's business requirements
- Originating and developing your concepts
- Designing information architecture
- Designing and creating models for a 3-D and digital effects environment
- Creating and implementing designs for a 3-D games environment
- Performing vision and sound editing
- Advanced sound editing techniques
- Incorporating and editing digital video for your productions
- Editing screen content for fast turnaround
- Designing and producing animation and digital visual effects
- Designing web environments using HTML5 and CSS3
- How to build a dynamic website
- Applying intermediate programming skills in another language
- Applying intermediate object-oriented language skills, and
- Beginning developing mobile applications.
Make some serious connections.Level-up your basic networking skills and set yourself up for a career in one of the most in-demand industries out there. Your career in IT starts here.
Get connected to an IT networking career.
When you complete the Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking you will be an attractive applicant for in-demand IT roles such as network operations support, network technician, and network support. You will gain the career enhancing knowledge and hands-on practical skills to install and configure a modern network, including virtual machines, wireless technologies, cloud storage, network security, deployment resources to desktops, and user support. You will acquire valuable experience in writing technical documentation, fulfilling client expectations, and with workplace health and safety.
Half price fees apply!
Take a step into the exciting industry of networking
IT is constantly expanding and evolving and one of the most important components is networking. You will gain the skills and knowledge to plan, install and maintain computer networks including internetworking, security and e-business integration.
Start here to become tech savvy.This qualification delivers the fundamental computing skills that will enable you to prosper in the modern computing world. Digital devices, Microsoft Office, social media and more - this course has it all.
Introduce yourself to skills that are in demand in almost all industries.
Even if you are not seeking a career path in IT, this qualification will prepare you for using a computer for word processing, spread sheets, electronic presentations, using the internet for communication and research, as well as using the various digital devices so prevalent in modern society.
Skills gained include:
- Using a personal computer
- Using the internet, email, social media, research and purchasing online
- Using software applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel and Power-point, and
- Using digital devices such as iPads, tables, digital cameras.
Upgrade your skills for a well-connected career.Improve your computing and IT skills and be in demand across multiple industries. Learn how to solve problems, understand operating systems, master software packages and more.
Develop your computing skills and gain the ability to work confidently across a wide range of industries.
With this course you will begin with basic computer operation, and then establish and develop your skills across a range of common programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You will also learn to effectively use electronic communication skills, as well as get an introduction to digital photography and video.
Skills gained include:
- Communication methods including social media
- Software applications focusing on the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic use of multimedia including video editing
- Operating systems
- Installing additional hardware such as printers, and
- Diagnosing and solving common problems.
For a career in almost any industry.Get a taste for some of the areas you can work in with this practical and rewarding course. Learn to use multiple programs, install systems, provide tech support and much more as you work towards a career working with technology.
If you're interested in working with computers but not quite sure what area to focus on, this is the course for you.
This course will give you a chance to sample a broad range of IT areas, from commonly used hardware and software to creating websites and editing video. Successful completion of this course will see you fully equipped to start your career in IT or get you ready for further study in your chosen field.
Skills gained include:
- Using software applications that can include (but are not limited to) Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- Installing and customising operating systems
- Providing technical advice and support
- Programming (HTML)
- Diagnostic support
- Creating user documentation
- Creating and updating websites.
Learn a variety of computer skills.
This course will provide you with the basic skills and knowledge to complete a variety of tasks using digital devices, the Internet and computer programs.
Topics covered include:
- Accessing and using the Internet
- Using personal digital devices such as laptops and mobile phones
- Creating presentations
A whiz with Office works in any office.Improve your skills and knowledge and master Microsoft Word in this short course. You'll be able to utilise your skills anywhere Word is used - home, work, further study and beyond.
Build on your existing Microsoft Word experience.
Develop the skills to create large documents, implement text and paragraph styles, set up columns and create text using WordArt.
Specifically you will learn how to:
- create and use building blocks
- work with various page techniques
- use the mail merge wizard and insert content from other sources
- use master documents to create more complex documents
- create and format columns, create and modify fields
- create and use interactive fields
- create and work with electronic forms
- create and move several forms of protection for your document
- use and change tracking features that enable multiple users to edit and work on documents
- create and work with Macros
- create and work WordArt and SmartArt
Do you want to expand on your programming knowledge?In this course you will learn how to create interesting applications to support front end applications and also learn the basics of server-side programming .
Do you want to expand on your programming knowledge?
In this course you will learn how to create interesting applications to support front end applications and also learn the basics of server-side programming .
Use social media to promote your business.
In this course you will learn how to create a social networking presence and how to use social media tools and applications. You will also have the opportunity to review, compare and use the different types of social networking tools and applications.