Have a love for computers and all things technology? The information technology industry is a booming sector with a wide range of roles available to suit your passions. From network administration and management to website design and development, you’ll find yourself in a field that’s dynamic and constantly evolving, opening up opportunities as big as the state for fulfilling career development.
In this industry, you’ll have to not only be skilled in a range of computing skills, but you’ll also need to hone your problem-solving skills in order to deal with new technologies as they become available. If this sounds like an exciting pathway for you, undertaking a general IT course will help you develop the right skills and knowledge to work within this industry.
General IT Courses
Upgrade your skills for a well-connected career.Improve your computing and IT skills and be in demand across multiple industries. Learn how to solve problems, understand operating systems, master software packages and more.
Develop your computing skills and gain the ability to work confidently across a wide range of industries.
This qualification will provide you with foundational skills and knowledge to start your academic pathway for a career in the IT industry.
With this course, you will begin with basic computer operation and then establish and develop your skills across a range of common programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You will also learn to effectively use electronic communication skills, as well as get an introduction to digital photography and video.
Skills gained include:
- Communication methods including social media
- Software applications focusing on the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic use of multimedia including video editing
- Operating systems
- Installing additional hardware such as printers, and
- Diagnosing and solving common problems.
Whatever time in your life, computer literacy starts here.If you've always wanted to learn how to use a computer or personal device, or you just want a little more practice with navigating your device and the internet safely, this short course is for you.
Step your way into technology by starting with the basics.
Technology is advancing on a daily basis, and we are becoming more reliant on using the internet and technology for everyday tasks and most importantly for keeping in touch with family and friends. For many of us, technology, computers and smart devices can be tricky and daunting to use. We're here to help! In this hands-on short course you’ll learn basic skills to help you become confident in using digital devices, computers and Microsoft programs.
You’ll become computer literate as you learn how to:
- Use a computer including accessing files and application programs
- Use Microsoft Office programs including Word
- Navigate your way around the Internet
- Apply basic security procedures and how to spot those scam emails
- Use your smart devices such as iPhone or tablets
This basic computer skills course will provide you with the confidence and understanding of the most popular, current technologies used at home and in the workplace. In this hands-on short course, you will learn how to use Microsoft program and how to create, save and manage documents, as well as emails and using the Internet effectively.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Appropriately start up and shut down your computer.
- Navigate the operating system and start applications.
- Perform basic functions of file management.
- Perform basic functions in a word processor and spreadsheet.
- Manage print settings and print documents.
- Receive and send emails.
- Use a web browser to navigate the Internet.
Confidently navigate the digital world.
This weekly course aims to assist Seniors who have not grown up in a digital world and are now having to use devices to stay connected with family and friends.
Topics covered include:
- Using and accessing apps to send emails
- Online banking
- Grocery shopping
- Making appointments
- Using maps
- Viewing online content
You can bring your own laptop or use one of our available computers.
For a career in almost any industry.Get a taste for some of the areas you can work in with this practical and rewarding course. Learn to use multiple programs, install systems, provide tech support and much more as you work towards a career working with technology.
If you're interested in working with computers but not quite sure what area to focus on, this is the course for you.
This course will give you a chance to sample a broad range of IT areas, from commonly used hardware and software to creating websites and editing video. Successful completion of this course will see you fully equipped to start your career in IT or get you ready for further study in your chosen field.
Skills gained include:
- Using software applications that can include (but are not limited to) Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- Installing and customising operating systems
- Providing technical advice and support
- Programming (HTML)
- Diagnostic support
- Creating user documentation
- Creating and updating websites.
Take a step into the exciting industry of networking
IT is constantly expanding and evolving and one of the most important components is networking. You will gain the skills and knowledge to plan, install and maintain computer networks including internetworking, security and e-business integration.
Make some serious connections.Level-up your basic networking skills and set yourself up for a career in one of the most in-demand industries out there. Your career in IT starts here.
Get connected to an IT networking career.
When you complete the Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking you will be an attractive applicant for in-demand IT roles such as network operations support, network technician, and network support. You will gain the career enhancing knowledge and hands-on practical skills to install and configure a modern network, including virtual machines, wireless technologies, cloud storage, network security, deployment resources to desktops, and user support. You will acquire valuable experience in writing technical documentation, fulfilling client expectations, and with workplace health and safety.
Half price fees apply!
Learn the basic concepts needed to identify and protect yourself against common cyber threats and scams. With this course, you will gain an understanding of Cyber Security principles and policies, commonly used authentication and authorisation techniques and general network security fundamentals.
- Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats
- Identify and report online security threats
- Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information.
A whiz with Office works in any office.Improve your skills and knowledge and master Microsoft Word in this short course. You'll be able to utilise your skills anywhere Word is used - home, work, further study and beyond.
Build on your existing Microsoft Word experience.
Develop the skills to create large documents, implement text and paragraph styles, set up columns and create text using WordArt.
Specifically you will learn how to:
- create and use building blocks
- work with various page techniques
- use the mail merge wizard and insert content from other sources
- use master documents to create more complex documents
- create and format columns, create and modify fields
- create and use interactive fields
- create and work with electronic forms
- create and move several forms of protection for your document
- use and change tracking features that enable multiple users to edit and work on documents
- create and work with Macros
- create and work WordArt and SmartArt