Become a skilled and trusted professional in a fast-growing industry!
In a world where cyber-attacks are increasing, now is the time to gain in demand skills that can form the foundation for a career and a job of the future in cyber security. After completing the Certificate IV in Information Technology (Cyber Security Incident Response) you will be an attractive applicant for in-demand IT roles such as cyber security officer.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who are job ready and competent in a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) where they are required to respond to complex cyber security risks in organisations in information and communications technology (ICT) environments.
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- Understanding how the business can be compromised (email attacks, cyber criminals, threats, impersonation tactics)
- Ransomware as a service (RaaS)
- Working remotely due to COVID 19 – crisis management plans with remote working from home
- Fileless attacks – malicious software that uses legitimate programs to infect your computer (viral threats, infected files) using strategies to block these attacks
- Mobile threats
- Cloud services compromised - guessing passwords (emails and systems)
- Collaboration platforms as new attack vectors – (Zoom, teams, Google drive, MS One Drive and Teams)
- The internet of things – continuously connected both at work and home (web-connected devices range from laptops, smartphones, smart watches, smart locks, personal assistance
- Application programming interface (API) vulnerabilities and breaches – security readiness
- Distributed denial of service (DDos) Attacks
- Programming in python and understanding organisational polices and processes for cyber security
This course will be FREE from 1 January 2023. The course fees are 100 per cent subsidised by the WA State Government.
Some eligibility conditions apply for the free training, and other fees may apply for some courses. Please see the FAQs on our Skills Ready page for further information.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
RTO Entrance Requirements
- A good grasp of the English language is preferred
- Decent literacy and numeracy skills
- A sound knowledge of computers
Licensing, Legislation and Regulation Requirements
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
WA Government Cyber Security Policy (www.wa.gov.au)
Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate IV in Information Technology (Cyber Security Incident Response).
For more information about job and career pathways, visit Jobs and Skills WA.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.(opens in a new tab)