Students who withdraw are entitled to a full refund of fees and charges where:
- A unit is cancelled or rescheduled to a time unsuitable to the student; or
- A student is not given a place due to a maximum number of places being reached.
Students who lodge a withdrawal form before 20% of the way between the commencement and completion dates of a unit will be eligible for a full refund of the tuition fee for the unit, and:
- A full refund of the resource fee if the course is a Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
If a student can provide written evidence that they must withdraw for reasons of personal circumstances beyond their control a pro-rata refund may be approved.
The Withdrawal process
You must advise CRTAFE in writing if you want to withdraw at any time from your course. You will have to complete and submit an Application for Withdrawal or Refund Form, available online here(opens in a new tab) or from the Client Services Team located on campus in the Main Administration Building.
• Withdraw on or before Census date* and you will be eligible for a full refund of your course (tuition) fee and 50% of the resource fee for each unit (Vet Student Loan 100% Resource Fee also). NOTE: you will still be liable for payment of outstanding fees if any fees are outstanding when refund has been applied. Discretionary fees are non- refundable.
• Withdraw after Census date* and you are NOT eligible for any refund of course fees or resource fees. NOTE: you will still be liable for payment of any outstanding fees. Census date for each unit can be found on the Enrolment Invoice/Receipt provided to Student at time of enrolment.
• Pro-rata refunds or adjustment to fees may be approved if you withdraw for reasons of personal circumstances beyond your control (Refer to College Fees and Charges Policy for full details).
• You will not be considered withdrawn from any courses unless the College receives your completed Application for Withdrawal or Refund form.
• 20% of the way between the commencement and completion dates for each unit.
*For the census date information for your course, contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Completed forms can be submitted either online by using our web-based Application for Withdrawal or Refund Form(opens in a new tab) , or in person to the Manager of Student Services at the Main Administration building or by email.
Fee Protection Arrangements
Central Regional TAFE is a Government entity and as required under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 (RTO Standards) the College will protect learners' prepaid fees and refund monies where required (see above). The College will at all times have relevant protections in place for student fees that are collected in advance either via agreement or relevant insurances.