Partner with us and make a difference.
At Central Regional TAFE, we partner with organisations across multiple industries to develop and strengthen the current and emerging workforce. These industry and education partnerships provide valuable training and workforce skills to strengthen organisations for long term success. They also play a valuable role in ensuring that our education and training remains current and relevant to continue empowering the West Australian workforce.
Typically a partnership is established through an initial consultation process where we seek to understand your organisation’s specific needs and motivations. Here you will also get a clear idea of what Central Regional TAFE can bring to the table.
After the initial consultation, we will work with you to develop a customised training solution that meets your organisation’s specific needs. Because we understand that each organisation has a unique set of needs and requirements, the training and assessment options we offer are flexible. They may include:
- Recognition of current site-based training
- Onsite training and workplace assessment
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Online training delivery and assessments
When your organisation enters a partnership with us, we support and strengthen the partnership through a range of services including:
- Developing resources for training and assessment
- Quality assurance for validation and audit
- Co-assessment arrangements
- Management and coordination of the enrolment process
- Issuing qualifications and/or Statements of Attainment to successfully completing employees
We have established rewarding and sustainable partnerships with organisations across multiple industries including:
- Civil Construction
- Conservation & Land Management
Get involved in Scholarships at TAFE
Would you like to make a contribution to support our Scholarship Program and set students up for their future?
We offer a range of course-based scholarships as well as specific TAFE scholarships for international students and Indigenous students. We acknowledge that the generous contributions of our industry partners allow us to support students in accessing quality education as they journey towards their career goals.
Why sponsor a TAFE scholarship?
There are many reasons why individuals or organisations may choose to sponsor a scholarship at TAFE. These include:
- Elevating the profile of your company or organisation within the industry or local community.
- Gaining recognition as a socially responsible organisation through your commitment to education and training of the West Australian workforce.
- An opportunity to give back for sponsors who have had involvement with Central Regional TAFE in the past.
- Some sponsors may have the opportunity to select the best students in their field as employees.
- Some sponsors may wish to remember or honour someone such as a family member, student or staff member at CRTAFE.
If you would like to make a donation or sponsor a scholarship, please contact our friendly scholarship staff to discuss. We value and thank you for your interest.
Phone 1800 672 700
What our Partners are saying…
This is the way of the Future! Tymeout Training and Assessment began working with Central Regional TAFE (formerly Durack Institute of Technology) since late 2014. Assessments are easy to understand. Staff have been more than helpful if we have any questions.
The iPad is excellent because you get to spend more time with the students on the practical side of things as the iPad makes the theory easier you can do the lot out in the workplace.
This year I have been working on two Main Roads Projects, one is 25kms long and the other 15kms long. The iPad is perfect because I don't have to keep going back to the office scanning assessments off. We find this keeps production going faster. All of the supervisors and the guys on the ground can't believe how good this system is.
- Geoff Hunter, Director
The assessment tool Central Regional TAFE has created eliminates all the literacy issues in this field and in some way the candidate feels more comfortable knowing there aren’t hours of written work to complete. It also maximises the practical assessment time in the field, where the assessing time is more valuable.
The App and assessment tool has enabled us to increase our own learning in different ways over the last 16 months.
- Sean O'Reilly, Director
Civil West began its partnership with Central Regional TAFE (formerly Durack Institute of Technology) in 2011, based around the civil construction and mining sectors. From humble beginnings, it has grown substantially with our client base extending throughout Western Australia, from Albany in the south to Kununurra in the north. 2015 saw the introduction of the iPad based assessment tools which has been terrific in streamlining and simplifying the process, from assessing to awarding of qualifications. The iPad system is very user friendly for both assessors and students alike; and most importantly, any required minor adjustments and changes are promptly dealt with by the team.
- Les Sivwright Managing Director
Red Dust Holdings, as a training facilitator for Central Regional TAFE have been exceptionally overwhelmed with the service and professionalism we have received. The technology and ease of use with the iPad and assessment tools is a credit to all involved and makes our trainers jobs so much easier with no paper required, which was a burden in the field.
- Josh Johnson, General Manager
Oakajee Training started a relationship with Central Regional TAFE Geraldton Campus in 2013. From the very start I was amazed at how easy and comfortable it was to deal with the Resource Sector Team.
Our trainers are working on mine sites, in less than perfect administration conditions. Transferring from bus to ute, from office to crib hut, from one work area to the next. The team came up with an iPad assessment tool that takes all the pain out of on-site assessing. The tool has everything built-in and without it my job would be a lot harder. If it wasn’t for the help, attitude and commitment received from the Resources Team, I know for a fact that we wouldn’t be where we are today.
- Cali Calitz, Managing Director
We have many more valued industry partners in varied industry areas including:
- Mid West Ports – Management and Leadership programs.
- Nufab Industries – Management and Leadership programs.
- City of Greater Geraldton – Management and Leadership programs.
- Shire of Carnarvon – Conservation and Land Management programs.
- Carnarvon Community Men’s Group – Horticultural programs.