Cnr of Deepdale Road and Arthur Road, Deepdale WA 6532
Locked Bag 103, Geraldton WA 6531
1800 672 700
This modern facility is located in the industrial area of Geraldton, approximately 12 kms from them main city. The complex is built to deliver training and qualifications for trainees, apprentices, post trade, technicians and plant operators in occupations relating to the construction, operation and maintenance of resource sector facilities, plant and equipment.
In the large heavy duty automotive workshop we are capable of performing engine dismantling, automotive electrical diagnostics and it contains a purpose built room set up for hydraulic diagnostics.
This space also includes 500sqm of undercover hardstand
Enjoy our friendly indoor and outdoor space where students can recharge and relax during study breaks. It is equipped with a microwave, fridge, and tea/coffee making facilities
Technology Park is the only training facility in the Mid West with a fully equipped truck inspection pit. It is set up for servicing heavy vehicles enabling students to gain hands on skills in a safe, real world environment.
This modern facility is built to deliver training and qualifications for trainees, apprentices, post trade, technicians and plant operators in occupations relating to the construction, operation and maintenance of resource sector facilities, plant and equipment.
Central Regional TAFE, Technology Park
Cnr of Deepdale Road & Arthur Road
Deepdale WA 6532
Courses available at Technology Park
Dig in and build a big future today.The Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations will set you up with the skills you need to work as an operator within the civil construction industry.
Working with big machines will be your everyday reality with a career in Civil Construction.
A career as an operator in the Civil construction industry provides a diverse working environment where no two days are the same. You’ll be required to apply a broad range of skills, and provide theoretical advice and support to a team. As a qualified operator the job opportunities are endless, particularly in the construction and mining industry.
This qualification includes your white card ticket.
As part of your training you will learn how to:
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Identify, locate and protect underground services
- Carry out manual excavation
- Use hand and power tools
- Operate small plant and equipment
- Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- Conduct roller operations
- Implement traffic management plan
- Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)
- Drain and dewater civil construction site and more!
Half price fees apply!
Health in the workplace will always be in demand.Get the essential skills required by Worksafe to be a Safety and Health Representative. Your skills will be in demand at all workplaces in any industry.
Central Regional TAFE is a WorkSafe approved provider of this course required by all newly elected Safety and Heath Representatives.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to carry out the functions of an elected Safety and Health Representative (SHR). SHR play an important role in fostering cooperation and consultation between employers and employee's in the workplace. This course is designed to enable the SHR to effectively represent their fellow employee's on all matters relating to safety and health in the workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Apply WHS legislation in the role of a Safety and Health Representative
- Conduct workplace inspections
- Communicate effectively on safety and health matters
- Understand the role of WorkSafe in the workplace
- Effectively represent employees on safety and health issues
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and apply a risk management process
- Assist with resolving safety and health matters in the workplace
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace accidents, incidents and injuries
Refresh your skills and save lives.If you need a refresher for your Safety and Health Representative qualification, this is the course for you. Approved by Worksafe, this course will go over legislation, hazard identification, issue resolution and much more.
Central Regional TAFE is a WorkSafe approved provider of this Safety and Health Representative Refresher course which is only for those who have previously completed a WorkSafe approved five day Safety and Health Representatives course.
This course has been designed to refresh participants knowledge of the key functions they are expected to perform as a workplace Safety and Health Representative.
Topics covered include:
- Work, health and safety legislation
- A Safety and Health Representative's role
- Identifying workplace hazards
- Contributing to effective risk control and management
- Resolving safety and health issues in the workplace
Please note while this course meets industry expectation and is common practice, it is not a WorkSafe requirement.