Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Join the transport industry and keep WA moving.
This skill set has been designed to promote new entrants and support upskilling of existing workers in the heavy haulage truck driving industry.
In this training program you will learn how to:
- Follow work health and safety procedures
- Carry out inspection of vehicles
- Secure, load and unload cargo of goods
- Apply work fatigue management strategies
- Obtain a forklift licence (subject to meeting Worksafe requirements)
- Obtain a truck licence (subject to meeting Department of Transport requirements)
- Ensure the safety of the transport industry (chain of responsibility).
The driving instruction training component of the program is conducted in a range of conditions and locations, with coaching from qualified and experienced drivers.
Subject to meeting the Department of Transport licensing requirements, participants may apply for one of the following licences:
- Heavy Rigid
- Heavy Combination; or
- Multi Combination class vehicle
Students will be required to for the Department of Transport and Worksafe fees.
This course will be FREE from 1 January 2023. The course fees are 100 per cent subsidised by the WA State Government.
Some eligibility conditions apply for the free training, and other fees may apply for some courses. Please see the FAQs on our Skills Ready page for further information.
This skill set is part of the Skills Ready program. Other skill sets can be found on our Course List (opens in a new tab) page.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Please note: Northam courses will be delivered at Driver Risk Management (DRM) in Perth - 16 Grogan Road, Perth Airport, WA 6105.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.