Working with big machines will be your everyday reality with a career in Civil Construction.
A career as an operator in the Civil construction industry provides a diverse working environment where no two days are the same. You’ll be required to apply a broad range of skills, and provide theoretical advice and support to a team. As a qualified operator the job opportunities are endless, particularly in the construction and mining industry.
This qualification includes your white card ticket.
As part of your training you will learn how to:
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Identify, locate and protect underground services
- Carry out manual excavation
- Use hand and power tools
- Operate small plant and equipment
- Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- Conduct roller operations
- Implement traffic management plan
- Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)
- Drain and dewater civil construction site and more!
Half price fees apply!
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Students must be 18 years of age and over.
- A formal interview process will take place prior to enrolment with students selected on merit.
- The course will follow Industry expectations with random drug and alcohol testing to take place.
Job opportunities include:
- Plant and Machine Operator
- Construction Worker
- Mobile Plant Operator
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.