Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
The Traffic Management Skill Set is for people who want to work in traffic management on public roads and other designated traffic management areas
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to be able to safely control traffic with a stop/slow bat and implement basic traffic management plans for works on roads in accordance with Main Roads WA requirements.
Topics covered include:
- Plan, prepare and coordinate traffic
- Setting out the traffic guidance scheme
- Close down traffic guidance scheme
- Controlling traffic
- Operating communication devices
- Clean Up
This three day course includes written and practical assessments including mandatory practical logbook assessments.
- Evidence of a valid driver's license, or evidence of previously having held a driver's license (no learner's permits or moped licenses).
- Literacy and numeracy skills to a level that will allow you to complete the written component of the assessment.
- A White Card (Safety Awareness Training) is now a required pre-requisite in order for attendees to complete the logbook component of the training and to be issued with this accreditation to work on a road site
For the practical assessment you will need:
- Wear appropriate work wear steel capped boots
- Hi-visibility clothing if possible.
- Hat and sunscreen recommended.
- Safety glasses/sunglasses.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
You will also receive Main Roads WA accreditation.
For more information about this course and to enrol please contact our Tracy Hicks, Commercial Training Coordinator - Kalgoorlie Campus, or Pam Francis, Commercial Training Coordinator - Geraldton Campus:
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.