Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
It's time to gear up for your automotive career.
By completing a Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology you will be ready for a career in the automotive servicing industry. You will have the broad range of skills and knowledge required to work effectively in the automotive industry, including diagnosis and repair, braking systems, transmissions, servicing, suspension, and workplace safety and health.
The Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology is an apprenticeship you must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study.
Half price fees apply!
Some things you'll learn:
- How to test and repair basic electrical circuits
- How to test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- How to carry out servicing operations and diagnostic procedures
This course is right for you if:
- You have an employer willing to offer an apprenticeship
- You enjoy working with mechanical equipment
- You like practical, hands on work
- You're analytical and have strong critical thinking skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
An apprenticeship is a full time employment based training program usually lasting 3-4 years. It combines on the job learning and scheduled training with a registered training provider such as Central Regional TAFE. This course is offered via an Apprenticeship pathway. Find out more here.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at Central Regional TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path.
Job opportunities include:
- Automotive Light Vehicle Mechanical Repair Technician
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.