Keep our livestock and farming pest-free.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge required for pest management contractors, pest management field officers, vertebrate pest management field officers and weed management field officers in the pest management industry. This includes those who work in weed management as well as vertebrate pest management in conservation, land management, horticulture and agriculture settings.
Some things you'll learn:
- How to participate in strategic invasive species management practices
- How to prepare for management programs
- How to complete and assess management programs
- How to carry out weed management programs that require chemical spraying
- How to maintain required records
This course is right for you if:
- You have experience in the pest management industry
- You work in the pest management industry
- You have a firearms license and a current A class driver’s license
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Students will require a firearms license and a current A class driver’s license.
- Students will need to have experience and/or be working in the industry. If students are not currently working in the industry, they will need to have access to a workplace approved by the assessor.
- Students must be over 18 years (due to the need for a firearms license)
Job opportunities include:
- Pest management contractors
- Pest management field officer
- Vertebrate pest management field officer
- Weed management field officer
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here. (opens in a new tab)
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2022
Carnarvon - Self Paced External
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2022|
|How||Self Paced External|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
Calculate your estimated fee in the above UNITS AND FEES tab.