Become a leader in the industry.
This high level qualification trains you to work in a management or leadership role within the aquaculture sector of the seafood industry. In this role individuals design, plan and implement programs and sustainable practices for an aquaculture enterprise that comply with a wide range of legislative and regulatory requirements.
The environments in which these individuals work include:
- aquaculture farms or fishout/put-and-take operations
- companies providing contract specialist services for aquaculture operations
- companies providing consultancy, advisory, equipment sales or other services
- hatcheries and nurseries
- live post-harvest holding facilities, such as processing plants, wholesalers or transporters.
This course is eligible for a VET student loan. To see if you're eligible and to find more visit our Student Loans page.
RTO Entrance Requirements
- Certificate III in Aquaculture or equivalent training or industry experience.
- Students must have the appropriate level of literacy and numeracy to complete a course at Diploma level – to ascertain this, they will complete an LLN assessment provided by CR TAFE.
- Intermediate Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook).
Licences for operating motor vehicles, tractors, forklifts, vessels and other plant apply for some competencies. Occupational health and safety (OHS), food safety, and environmental protection regulations apply to aquaculture enterprises.
Job opportunities include:
- Aquaculture Technician
- Field or Fisheries Officer
- Fish Farm Operations Manager
- Nursery Assistant
For more information about job and career pathways, visit JobOutlook(opens in a new tab) or Jobs and Skills WA
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2023
Batavia Coast Maritime Institute - Self Paced Onsite
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2023|
|Where||Batavia Coast Maritime Institute|
|How||Self Paced Onsite|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
Calculate your estimated fees in the above UNITS AND FEES tab.