Become a leader in the industry.
This high level qualification trains you to work in a management or leadership role within the aquaculture sector of the seafood industry. In this role individuals design, plan and implement programs and sustainable practices for an aquaculture enterprise that comply with a wide range of legislative and regulatory requirements.
The environments in which these individuals work include:
- aquaculture farms or fishout/put-and-take operations
- companies providing contract specialist services for aquaculture operations
- companies providing consultancy, advisory, equipment sales or other services
- hatcheries and nurseries
- live post-harvest holding facilities, such as processing plants, wholesalers or transporters.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Students must have completed a Certificate III in Aquaculture or have equivalent industry experience or training.
Licences for operating motor vehicles, tractors, forklifts, vessels and other plant apply for some competencies. Occupational health and safety (OHS), food safety, and environmental protection regulations apply to aquaculture enterprises.
Job opportunities include:
- Aquaculture Technician
- Field or Fisheries Officer
- Fish Farm Operations Manager
- Nursery Assistant
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.