Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Keep yourself and your customers safe.
In these unprecedented times, new regulations need workers to manage infection control while providing food to the general public.
You will learn about following organisational infection prevention and control procedures including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks. Skills can be applied to specific food handling industry needs such as using kitchens and packaging areas, front of house, staff rooms and offices, food stock deliveries and vehicles, equipment storage, and bathrooms and toilets.
As part of this course students will complete:
- Course pre-reading requirements
- 1 day workshop on campus
- Workplace assessment - The lecturer will visit the student at their workplace at an agreed date/time.
Gain these skills:
- Introduction to Infection Control
- Chain of Infection and Disease Transmission
- Breaking the Chain of Infection
- Contamination and Cleaning
- Hazards, Risks, Responsibilities and Reporting
Current employment or work placement in the hospitality sector.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.