Step you way into a career in Early Childhood Education and Care
With this Skill Set, you'll gain an understanding of children’s learning, basic learning support, identifying and responding to children at risk, and workplace health and safety — and much more! It is the perfect stepping stone to start your career in Early Childhood Education and Care, preparing you for further training.
RTO Entrance Requirements
- Students MUST participate in an interview with the lecturer (face to face or phone) prior to enrolment.
- Students MUST complete a Client Needs Form provided by the lecturer prior to enrolment. This form is designed to record the specific needs and/or additional requirements identified by the individual client that may affect their chances of successful participation in and/or completion of the course.
- A Working With Children Check (for those over 18 years of age) and Medical Clearance must be obtained prior to starting work placement in a regulated early childhood education and care setting.
- Students are required to comply with WA Early Childhood Education and Care Regulations (2012) in regard to Reg. 83 concerning alcohol or drugs, including prescriptions that can impair a person’s ability to supervise or care for children.
- To successfully complete the qualification, students will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID (as mandated by the state and federal government).
- Students are required to complete the LLN assessment (via LLN Robot) prior to participating in the course. Furthermore, Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) requirements must be met if applying for VET Fee Help Loan (LLN Robot).
Students are required to complete at least 280 hours of work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia. The total number of hours may be applied collectively across all units of competency that include the requirement for workplace hours.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate of Attainment.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here(opens in a new tab) .
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.