Learn the more advanced features of Microsoft Excel.
Students will build upon their previously learnt skills in Excel and be introduced to more complex features including analytical tools, pivot tables, Solver, outlining, summarising and key automation features such as Macros.
Topics covered include:
- use a range of formula techniques,
- protect data in worksheets and workbooks,
- use an advanced filter to analyse data in a list,
- use a variety of data validation techniques,
- apply conditional formatting to ranges in a worksheet,
- use goal seeking to determine the values required to read the desired result,
- create, use and modify data tables,
- create and work with scenarios and Scenario Manager,
- understand and create simple PivotTables,
- construct and operate PivotTables using some of the more advanced techniques,
- use data linking to create more efficient workbooks, and
- use the Data Consolidation feature to combine data from several workbooks into one.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued with a Certificate of Participation.
Please note: This course is not an accredited course.
For more information about this course and to enrol, contact Jessica Brennan: (08) 9088 6774.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.(opens in a new tab)
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Semester 1, 2023
Kalgoorlie - Microsoft Excel Advanced - 20 to 21 June
|When||Semester 1, 2023|
Please note: Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees may differ between campus locations due to the difference between elective units in the course study plan or a need to adapt courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for individuals depending on units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Fees are payable at the time of enrolment.
- Total fees quoted include tuition fees and resource fees. You may also be required to purchase text books, uniforms or other personal equipment that are not included in this fee estimate.
- For Lower Fees, Local Skills (half-price) courses please refer to additional eligibility information above.
- Concession rates: If eligible, proof of concession must be presented.
- Concessions and the secondary school age fee cap do not apply to commercial courses (short courses), or Foundation Programs (i.e ESL and General Education).
- Secondary school aged persons (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old in 2023) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course (tuition) fee chargeable is $420. Additional resource fees and discretionary fees may apply.
- VET Student Loans for eligible courses and fee caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
More information: Visit our fees and payment options page or call us on 1800 672 700