If you are interested in a hands-on career that will make a positive impact on people’s lives, civil construction might be a good fit for you. A career in civil construction covers a broad range of tasks related to planning, creating and maintaining public infrastructure to help make the public’s lives easier. Your work may involve operating specialised equipment and applying a wide range of skills in diverse working environments.
Every year, billions of dollars are poured into infrastructure projects to improve our cities and towns. This means there are endless opportunities for jobs in the civil construction industry across Western Australia and further abroad.
Keen to join one of WA’s biggest industries? It all starts here! We offer a number of civil construction courses with practical, hands-on training that will set you up for success.
Earthmoving Plant Operators
Civil Engineering Professionals
Crane, Hoist and Lift Operators
Structural Steel Construction Workers
Paving and Surfacing Layers
Other Mobile Plant Operators
Civil Construction Courses
Dig in and build a big future today.The Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations will set you up with the skills you need to work as an operator within the civil construction industry.
Working with big machines will be your everyday reality with a career in Civil Construction.
A career as an operator in the Civil construction industry provides a diverse working environment where no two days are the same. You’ll be required to apply a broad range of skills, and provide theoretical advice and support to a team. As a qualified operator the job opportunities are endless, particularly in the construction and mining industry.
This qualification includes your white card ticket.
As part of your training you will learn how to:
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Identify, locate and protect underground services
- Carry out manual excavation
- Use hand and power tools
- Operate small plant and equipment
- Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- Conduct roller operations
- Implement traffic management plan
- Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)
- Drain and dewater civil construction site and more!
Half price fees apply!
Look up - your career could be right above your head.Learn the basics of being a dogman, and take your first step towards employment on a building construction or mining site as part of a team with a rigger and crane operator.
Safely perform slinging techniques.
This skill set covers the necessary skills and knowledge required to safely perform slinging techniques including the selection of lifting gear and/or directing the of the crane operator when the load is out of view of the operator. You will gain the skills to accurately use judgement in relation to choosing suitable lifting gear and the method of slinging by considering the nature of the load, its mass and centre of gravity.
Topics covered include:
- Plan and prepare
- Identify risks and hazards
- Calculate rated load capacity
- Identify, select, inspect and assemble lifting equipment
- Move loads and direct crane and/or hoist operator
Lift, load, dig, move, grade, jackhammer and more with a skid-steer.Learn how to operate one of these incredibly useful vehicles for yourself or for your career in the construction, landscaping and mining industries or beyond.
Operate and shift materials with a skid-steer loader.
Learn how to safely load and operate a skid-steer loader. Topics covered include:
- Operate skid steer in line with requirements
- Load, carry and place materials
- Remove and fit attachments
Compliance has never been simpler.Upon completion of this skill set, individuals will receive their White Card, along with skills and knowledge to keep themselves and others safe on-site.
Enter and work on a construction site.
During this 1 day course you will gain the basic knowledge to safely enter and work on a construction site and includes hazard identification and prevention of workplace accidents and injures. Under Work Health and Safety Legislation you must have a White Card to enter a construction site.
Topics covered include:
- Health and safety requirements
- Construction hazards and control measures
- Health and safety communication and reporting process
- Incident and emergency response procedures