Are you interested in sustainable food sources?
This qualification is suitable for those wanting to rise through the ranks and become leading hands and supervisors within the aquaculture industry. Once qualified and working in a leadership role you will be responsible for decision making and coordinating team activities such as feeding, construction, managing live feeds and overseeing water quality monitoring.
You will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Coordinating fish farming activities
- Monitoring and implementing emergency and safety procedures
- Controlling pests, predators and disease
- Handling food
- Handling and harvesting stock
- Maintaining water environments and
- Applying chemicals and biological agents.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Students must have completed a Certificate II in Aquaculture or have equivalent industry experience or training.
Third Party Provider
We may engage the services of a third party in the delivery of this course. Further details can be provided prior to enrolment.
Job opportunities include:
- Aquaculture Technician
- Field or Fisheries Officer
- Fish Farm Operations Manager
- Nursery Assistant
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.