Start your engines - your automotive career begins here.
A Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology will give you a start in the automotive electrical industry. You will gain vital skills and knowledge including electric and electronic diagnosis and repair, vehicle wiring, overhauling alternators and starter motors, electronic drive systems, electric vehicle charging systems and workplace safety and health.
Half price fees apply!
Some things you'll learn:
- How to solder electrical wiring and circuits
- How to apply knowledge of automotive electrical circuits and wiring systems
- How to install vehicle lighting and wiring systems
- How to diagnose and repair charging, starting and ignition systems
- How to develop and carry out diagnostic test strategies
This course is right for you if:
- You enjoy mechanical tasks
- You like working with circuit boards, processors and electronic equipment
- You enjoy repairing and fixing machines or systems
- You're able to put together small parts with your fingers
- You enjoy practical, hands on work
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
An apprenticeship is a full time employment based training program usually lasting 3-4 years. It combines on the job learning and scheduled training with a registered training provider such as Central Regional TAFE. This course is offered via an Apprenticeship pathway. Find out more here.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at Central Regional TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2021
Kalgoorlie - Apprenticeship
An Apprenticeship course is a full-time employment-based training program usually lasting three (3) to four (4) years. It combines an on-the-job learning with scheduled training blocks at TAFE. You must have a Training Contract to enrol in an Apprenticeship Course.
Use our sidebar links on the right to find out more.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FEE PAYMENT OPTIONS
Find out about our flexible fee payment options here.