Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Learn the skills to make a difference for communities.
When you complete the Certificate III in Community Services Work you'll be on your way to a career as a youth worker, support worker, or family carer.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to communicate and work effectively and appropriately with individuals and groups in a variety of settings, gathering and providing information, advocacy and community development, ethical behaviour and legal responsibilities.
You will also gain an understanding of mental health, alcohol, drug, and domestic violence services.
You will learn skills in:
- Effective communication
- Gathering, maintaining and providing information
- Advocacy and community development processes
- Ethical behaviour, and
- Legal responsibilities of community workers.
This qualification applies to community work delivered through a broad range of services which provide support to individuals and groups. This level of training is appropriate for support workers, caseworkers and client contact officers.
You will also gains skills in:
- Participating in local government and community organisations
- Assisting in planning and developing programs to meet needs
- Communicating effectively
- Assisting in developing and facilitating community education and development and
- Gathering, maintaining and providing information and understanding legal and ethical requirements.
Half price fees apply!
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Community Health Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Support Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Youth Worker
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.