Printing the course overview will compile details for all study options into a single file without units.
If you want to print the units out for one or multiple study options, select the appropriate checkbox.Select at least one option to generate PDF.
Experience the lay of the land for yourself.
This qualification provides you with the skills and theoretical knowledge for work or further learning in the conservation and ecosystem management industry. You'll gain a broad range of skills or you can focus on one or more specialisations, including:
- Indigenous land management
- Ecological restoration
- Land, parks and wildlife management
- Pest controller
- Conservation earthworks
- Marine operations
- Fire management
Some things you'll learn:
- How to maintain natural areas and wetlands
- How to provide cultural knowledge
- How to create a revegetation program
- How to plant shrubs and tree
- How to treat weeds and collect seeds
This course is right for you if...
- Love to work outdoors
- Recognise the value in restoration of natural bushland and coastal areas
- You enjoy learning about geography, biology, and chemistry
- You enjoy doing physically active work
- You're able to communicate and explain things clearly to people
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate III in Conservation and Ecosystem Management.
Job opportunities include:
- Conservation trainee/worker
- Pest Management Assistant (Feral Animals)
- Landcare Assistant
- Lands, Parks and Wildlife Officer
- Indigenous Land Management Assistant
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment. If you don't see your preferred study option, please complete our Course Enquiry form.
Semester 1, 2024
Batavia Coast Maritime Institute - Classroom
Available all year round, 2023
Batavia Coast Maritime Institute - Self Paced External
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2023|
|Where||Batavia Coast Maritime Institute|
|How||Self Paced External|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
Calculate your estimated fees in the above UNITS AND FEES tab.