Work on the country you love.
When you complete a Certificate IV in Conservation and Ecosystem Management you will be ready for a career in conservation work, parks and wildlife, or regeneration work. You will gain a broad range of skills and theoretical knowledge to specialise in the land conservation industry, including in Indigenous land management, ecosystem management, pest control and fire management.
Some things you'll learn:
- How to monitor biodiversity
- How to plan the implementation of revegetation works
- How to recommend plants and cultural practices
- How to define a pest problem and implement a pest management plan
- How to collect native seeds and manage seed collection
This course is right for you if:
- You're wanting to develop post-trade skills and knowledge
- You're wanting to specialise in a field within the Conservation and Ecosystem Management industry
- You're looking for practical skills to lead and take on management roles
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Students will need to have completed AHC31416 Certificate III Conservation and Land Management or equivalent pre-existing skills.
Job opportunities include:
- Supervisor and worker in conservation, lands, parks and wildlife
- Bush care and the environment
- Bush regeneration worker
- National Parks Worker
- Landcare Supervisor
- Senior Conservation Worker
- Weed Management Supervisor
- Lands, Parks and Wildlife Supervisor
- Indigenous Land Management Supervisor
- Soil Conservation Specialist
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2022
Batavia Coast Maritime Institute - Self Paced External
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2022|
|Where||Batavia Coast Maritime Institute|
|How||Self Paced External|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here(opens in a new tab) .
Calculate your estimated fee in the above UNITS AND FEES tab.