Set sail for a rewarding career at sea.
This qualification is suitable for people who work as a Marine Engineers in the maritime industry, as Chief Engineer on vessels with propulsion power up to 750 kW and Second Engineer on vessels with propulsion power up to 1500 kW in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
Students will develop the following skills:
- Taking charge of an engine room with a main propulsion of less than 750kW
- Applying safety procedures
- Applying survival skills at sea
- Extinguishing fires
- Refuelling vessels adhering to marine pollution (MARPOL) guidelines
- Performing basic engineering calculations
- Operating and maintaining deck machinery
- Operating and maintaining auxiliary power systems, and
- Operating and maintaining extra low and low voltage electrical systems and equipment.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Third Party Provider
Central Regional TAFE engages the services of a third party in the provision of this course. Further details can be provided prior to enrolment.
Job opportunities include:
- Chief Engineer (Marine Engine Grade 2 Near Coastal)
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal)
- Certificate IV in Maritime Operations (Master up to 35 metres Near Coastal)
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Locations and study options
Click on your preferred location below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2021
Batavia Coast Maritime Institute - Self Paced Onsite
Many of our courses offer flexible learning options that provide you with the opportunity to study WHENEVER and WHEREVER suits you. Typically, flexible, and self-paced options are part-time and open for enrolment all year round, allowing you to start, enrol and study continuously.
Once you enrol into your chosen units, you will have six (6) months from the date of your enrolment to complete your study.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|
|Where||Batavia Coast Maritime Institute|
|How||Self Paced Onsite|
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FEE PAYMENT OPTIONS
Find out about our flexible fee payment options here.