Make a great living on the land.
With the Diploma of Agriculture from CRTAFE you will gain highly sought after specialised skills and knowledge. Learn comprehensively about different farming practices, why pasture and soil health is vital for livestock production, and develop the skills to improve farming efficiency.
Some things you'll learn:
- Production planning
- Climate risk strategies
- Animal husbandry
- Long-term crop management
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
VET Student Loans
This qualification is eligible for the Commonwealth Government's VET Student Loan scheme. Eligible students can opt to defer the payment of all or part of their tuition fees by applying for a VET Student Loan. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. Approved loans become a personal debt with the Commonwealth (HELP debt) until it is repaid.
For more information on VET Student Loans click here.
Job opportunities include:
- Farm Production Manager
- Production Unit Manager
- Agribusiness Administrator
- Farm/Station Hand
- Station/Property Manager
- Farm Manager
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2021
Merredin - Workplace Delivery
This qualification is offered anywhere in Western Australia, however student's will require full-time employment in the Agriculture industry in order to complete the course.
A CRTAFE trainer and assessor can complete an assessment of a person’s knowledge and competencies whilst on-the-job (in the workplace). Options can vary across qualifications and campuses.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|
Please note: Where displayed, fees are only an estimate. Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees may differ between campus locations due to the difference between elective units in the course study plan or a need to adapt courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for individuals depending on units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Fees are payable at the time of enrolment.
- Total fees quoted include tuition fees and resource fees. You may also be required to purchase text books, uniforms or other personal equipment that are not included in this fee estimate.
- For Lower Fees, local skills (half-price) courses please refer to additional eligibility information above.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- Concession rates: If eligible, proof of concession must be presented.
- Concessions and the secondary school age fee cap do not apply to commercial courses (short courses), or Foundation Programs (i.e ESL and General Education).
- Secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old in 2021) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course (tuition) fee chargeable is $420. Additional resource fees and discretionary fees may apply.
- VET Student Loans for eligible courses and fee caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
More information: Visit our fees and payment options page or call us on 1800 672 700
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.