Printing the course overview will compile details for all study options into a single file without units.
If you want to print the units out for one or multiple study options, select the appropriate checkbox.Select at least one option to generate PDF.
Learn the skills and knowledge to work hygienically when handling food
This Skill Set will equip you with the skills and knowledge to safely handle potentially hazardous and ready-to-eat food during preparation, distribution, service and sale.
Gain the ability to:
- Identify, prevent and manage food safety hazards to reduce the incidents of food borne illnesses
- Increase food safety awareness amongst staff members to prevent contamination and cross-contamination, and
- Promote a food safety culture in the workplace.
Licensing, Legislations and Regulation Requirements
Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is a statutory authority in the Australian Government Health portfolio.
- FSANZ develops food standards for Australia and New Zealand.
- Food Act 2008
- Work Health and Safety Act 2020
- The relevant Central Regional TAFE policies and procedures will also be applied to delivery and assessment of this qualification
Upon successful completion of this Skill Set, you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment. If you don't see your preferred study option, please complete our Course Enquiry form.